About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a Quality Engineering Manager to join the engineering leadership team. As Quality Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of talented, dynamic and passionate SDETs. You will work with product managers, support engineers, developers and core automation team to deliver high quality products. The team’s overall goal will be to accelerate the delivery of new features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expect from Fivetran products.
As an Engineering Manager of Quality, at Fivetran, you will:
- Build and lead a team of highly performant SDETs, including assisting with career growth and personal development
- Steer the vision, strategy, technical roadmap for the QA test Engineering team that aligns with the broader Tech and Product team’s goals
- Develop a strong working relationship with your team and stakeholders
- Develop deep expertise in product functionality and provide technical direction to automation team members
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software
- You will diagnose and resolve obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Contribute to process improvement and establishing best practices for testing
- You will regularly communicate with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Be a catalyst to promote ‘Quality First’ mindset throughout the cross-functional organization
What you bring to the table:
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate people, instill accountability, perform under pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals.
- Excellent Knowledge of QA and Software Engineering Discipline, including hands-on knowledge of testing techniques and automation framework development, and risk management.
- Demonstrated multi-year experience in developing automation frameworks using Java, Junit, and TestCafe.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills
Perks and benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs