The Solution Architect Team at Fivetran
It’s an exciting time here at Fivetran. We have grown our revenue, customer base and team very substantially over the past several years. We continue to grow fast and are rapidly growing our Customer Success teams; Customer Support, Account Management, Sales Engineering and starting up a brand new department - Solution Architect Team
At Fivetran, we want to enable our customers to make data backed decisions company wide by delivering ready to query data quickly and reliably into their cloud data warehouses. We work with companies from around the world to help them better understand their customers and products, and develop a truly data-driven culture.
To support our growth, we’re in the process of building out our Customer Success function with a mission to retain, activate, upsell and delight our customers. This is one of the most exciting, strategic and quickly evolving teams at Fivetran.
We’re looking for a Senior Solution Architect recruit to join our Customer Success team and own a portfolio of high-profile customer relationships from day one. This role could be a great fit if you have experience in Technical Account Management, Solutions Engineering or Technical Customer Success for a software product and experience in the modern data stack. We are still interested to hear from you if you have a different background that you think would make you a great fit.
At Fivetran we see Customer Success as a key growth function of the business, with Solution Architects helping drive a technical perspective helping us be more holistic with our customers. We don’t see Customer Success merely as a retention function but as a key to exceeding our ambitious Net Revenue Retention targets, driving adoption across our customers’ organisations.
On a day to day basis, you will completely own a portfolio of strategic accounts and provide ad hoc assistance to smaller accounts. These accounts will be across multiple verticals and located across North, Central and South America. You will own the customer relationship from a technical perspective, from onboarding through to continued adoption and usage. From initial activation, you will help our customers translate complex business needs into data driven solution designs on top of, working alongside our Sales Engineers and Account Managers as new opportunities arise.. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders at your accounts to map and realize the value they want to derive from our platform, driving wider institutional adoption of Fivetran as you go. You will serve as the internal voice of your customers and become a go to technical resource internally and externally.
In addition to working directly with and on behalf of customers, Senior Solution Architects will be looked to for raising the technical knowledge level of many different internal roles. As a highly proficient practitioner in the data engineering and analysis domain, Senior Solution Architect’s become the top practitioners and authority on use of Fivetran within a complex modern data stack and be a voice of the customer cross departmentally to our product and marketing teams.
As a Senior or Lead Solution Architect at Fivetran, you will:
- Actively serving as a technical advisor to a portfolio of assigned accounts including major consumer, prosumer and B2B brands.
- Working on new customer onboarding to map their business needs and design solutions tailored to their use cases and needs.
- Collaborate with customers in a highly strategic manner to develop their success roadmap for the first 12 months of Fivetran adoption and beyond.
- Develop collaboratively with our Sales Engineers, Support Engineers and Account Managers the technical artifacts that support organisational success of usage of Fivetran
- Proactively identifying opportunities for upsell and account expansion and ensuring where this requires wider implementation of our product that this is technically and commercially sound.
- Share your domain experience and create playbooks, knowledge assets and semi-formal training for various internal technical roles.
- Identify product feedback from customers, spotting trends and surfacing to help shape product roadmap
- Act as a coach and mentor to junior team members
What you'll bring to the table:
- Experience helping grow a team of technologists, including coaching and mentoring junior team members, creating thought leading content, and collaborating to drive toward goals you help define.
- You are a highly experienced technologist with unique views and perspectives on the value of technology in general and data more specifically, you educate those around you
- You work well with other organizations within your company, driving successful delivery of cross-departmental initiatives
- Data is your thing. A solid understanding of the data space - cloud infrastructure, database technologies, visualisation tools and other enabling technologies
- You understand people. Deeply emotionally intelligent, you can quickly read a room of stakeholders and adopt your delivery style and content quickly
- Confidence is key. Previous experience with a complex software product, ideally designing solutions and gathering requirements, you are comfortable communicating with technical and business subject matter experts
- Business challenge? Let me help. A passion for working at the intersection of technology and business problems - this role is always about delivering business impact for our customers through data
- You CAN see the needle in the haystack. As a trusted advisor to our clients you will be pivotal in spotting new opportunities where Fivetran could add even more value to our customers.
- Experience and acumen in multiple areas of modern technology and the modern data stack. This includes SQL expertise, knowledge of cloud data warehouses, cloud provider services (AWS, Google, Azure), ETL/ELT tools, data modeling/engineering, data science/machine learning, api consumption, scripting (python preferred), general networking knowledge and cloud SaaS applications (Zendesk, Salesforce, Marketo, etc…).
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs