From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning enthusiastic in joining a fast-growing company. You'll be responsible for training models that power new features from our roadmap that make our product easier to use, have better performance, and improve the reliability of our product.
Fivetran is a fully automated data pipeline that every day synchronizes tens of thousands of databases. Full automation at this scale across a rapidly growing range of customer configurations is a challenging machine learning problem, which is critical to enhancing Fivetran’s core technology and operational scalability.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning, you will:
- Create training models that power new features from our roadmap that make our product easier to use, have better performance, and improve the reliability of our product
- Responsible for enhancing our machine learning platform and leading machine learning efforts within Fivetran to enable our engineering team to create smart features
- Primary goals include performance optimization, anomaly detection, and resource prioritization within the domain of database configuration, infrastructure allocation, and query selection
- Trains models that once deployed can accurately predict and optimize behavior
- Works with engineers to create a streamlined machine learning platform
- Provides input into technical discussions to recommend modeling approaches when appropriate
- Mentors other engineers implementing features involving data science and machine learning
- Strong software engineering background with emphasis in machine learning
- Proficiency with Python, Java and other relevant tools
- Experience with a number of databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MariaDB, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience leading projects and mentoring others to solve problems using machine learning
- At least 4 years of proven background in building, scaling, and operating large scale machine learning applications
- Knowledge of different machine learning tooling like Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, AWS Sagemaker, Google Cloud AI Platform, and Jupyter Notebooks
- High level of ownership on the codebases, deployment and quality
- Deep respect and desire for team collaboration and members perspectives
- Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
- Experienced working in a cloud environment utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.