From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
The Customer Support team is responsible for creating solutions and providing excellent experience for every customer.
As a Customer Support Engineer you will be working with new and existing customers in a highly technical capacity, ensuring successful onboarding of new customers and continued success for existing valued customers.
This is a full time position based out of our Oakland office.
As a Customer Support Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- Respond to the tickets/issues that are escalated by Fivetran customers, Account Managers and CSE team members
- Escalate issues within desired timeframe (Escalation SLA’s) to the Engineering and Product organization
- Help document Knowledge Base articles that act as references for CSE team members
- Provide a deeper understanding of the issue and workarounds to our customers
- Full ownership of major issues and customer challenges: debugging the issue; working with engineering and product to triage, develop a solution, and assign to product roadmap; keeping the customer updated with timelines and work-arounds
- Provide onboarding support to new customers
- Provide engineering assistance for Fivetran API interaction
- You enjoy working with external customers. You have empathy for our customers and take time to understand their pains, needs and wants and will go the extra mile to make sure their issues are resolved.
- You are interested in troubleshooting deep technical problems at the application and networking levels
- Java experience is a plus (we welcome Github experience - pull requests to our codebase.)
- You’ve worked with databases (SQL and NoSQL) before and feel comfortable doing so
- Writing ANSI SQL operations is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.