The mission for the Senior Program Manager is to help accelerate and maintain the highest level of execution excellence of the Fivetran engineering team. This position is instrumental in helping to achieve our vision of “Fivetran Engineering OS 2.0” which is to implement a high-performance framework and foundation of people, teams, processes, and technologies. The optimal candidate will be working in close collaboration with partners across the engineering team as well as other key partners to help achieve this vision.
- Manage key engineering programs and initiatives.
- Assist engineering partners in managing their programs, where needed.
- Provide regular program status updates on key programs and initiatives.
- Establish, maintain and oversee program and project management process and practices.
- Maintain the engineering lifecycle process and improve it in collaboration with engineering leaders and product management leaders.
- Work with partners across engineering to improve engineering operating processes such as OKR Management, Incident Management or Release management.
Planning, Tracking & Reviewing
- Lead components of the strategic and annual planning process.
- Support Engineering in the annual and quarterly OKR process.
- Provide support in the preparation of Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Track and report progress against the product roadmap.
- Track and own specific Engineering metrics.
KPI, Reporting, Analytics
- Define and track Engineering KPIs.
- Provide heavy support and involvement in the engineering analytics function to provide engineering and department insights.
Behavioral Competency Requirements:
Execution & Organization
- Support our engineering team by helping execute our cadence model (rhythm of business).
- Provide leadership, improvement and support of our internal knowledge process and information structure.
Communication & Collaboration
- Support the coordination, preparation and delivery of company-+wide engineering updates.
- Provide key outward status updates on metrics, program/project status, and other initiatives.
- Be involved in global engineering leadership meetings.
- Provide detailed updates in support of the preparation and management of leadership offsites.
- Interface with all necessary team members including, potentially, members of senior leadership.
- Ability to communicate concisely clearly and with confidence with senior leadership.
- Excellent ability to motivate others to complete their assignments without being a Chief Chasing Officer.
Education and years of experience
- 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with both technical and non-technical program/project management.
- Broad experience with numerous project management software applications.
- Agile and waterfall project/program management experience.
- Experience working with Looker/Tableau, etc. a plus.
- Comfortable leading multiple large technical internal initiatives simultaneously and independently.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Start-up experience a strong plus.
Perks of working with us:
- Medical and Life Insurance.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- English classes.
- Cell Phone Reimbursement.
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches.
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities.