About the Role:
As a Technical Enablement Program Manager, you will design, develop and facilitate technical training content and programs to drive the onboarding and ongoing enablement of Fivetran technical teams (Engineering, Customer Success, Product, and others). These programs include building technical learning paths, eLearning self-paced courses, certifications, and other enablement programs to maximize the technical team members productivity leading to success in their role. The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is key to successful performance in this role.
An ideal candidate is passionate about training, accountable, highly organized, self-motivated and able to lead cross-functional projects. You think strategically and are adaptable to changing priorities to drive performance, productivity and results via building strong relationships.
As the enablement team, we are constantly improving our programs to deliver the right training, at the right time and right level to drive measurable impact. We are a global team with a powerful impact so your contribution will be impactful and highly visible.
As a Technical Enablement Program Manager at Fivetran, you will:
- Facilitate and update, build, and improve monthly technical onboarding programs.
- Define, implement and drive a customized onboarding program to ensure new team members have a foundation for success at the end of their first 90 days.
- Align with internal stakeholders to identify the knowledge and skills gaps and create training content and programs to address those gaps globally.
- Assess and analyze the learning needs of technical team members based on current and future strategic plans.
- Own and manage documentation, project plans and program outlines.
- Align with leadership to understand business priorities and develop strategic plans to support these objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration, partnering closely with subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop effective and engaging programs.
- Expertise in process improvement and change management.
- Define and track technical onboarding enablement programs KPIs to evaluate program effectiveness and execution.
What you bring to the table:
- You can take complex technical concepts and clearly explain them to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Proficiency in project management
- Ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a collaborative manner
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Ability to influence others to get things done, even with no direct line of authority
- You have a proven track record of picking up new skills quickly
- Experience in content development, process improvement and change management
You Should Include:
- Experience with learning management systems (preferably WorkRamp), content development tools, and virtual delivery platforms
- Instructional design experience in building learning programs for technical audience
- Experience building playbooks and document process
- Familiarity with tools such as Zendesk, Github, IntelliJ, AWS Logs, aned CircleCI.
Benefits and Compensation
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs