About the role:
Our Sales team needs a technical ace in the hole for when the questions get tough. You’ll work one-on-one with both prospects and Sales team members to help discuss how Fivetran fits within their technology strategy. You’ll have a full understanding of how Fivetran is architected and a clear understanding of how Fivetran is best used in data stacks. Additionally, you’ll be tasked to invent and implement creative solutions for edge-case issues.
As a Sales Engineer at Fivetran, you will:
- Support sales teams with deep technical knowledge and understanding of Fivetran product offerings and data space.
- Serve as the technical liaison between sales and product/engineering teams.
- Act as the primary resource in solving technical issues and inquiries in pre-sales and onboarding processes.
- Proactively engage with product and engineering teams on roadmap, soliciting and sharing customer/prospect feedback where necessary.
- Assist in documentation efforts around Fivetran product offerings, internal knowledge base, and training resources.
What you bring to the table:
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Hands-on experience with modern databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB) in on-premise and cloud deployments.
- Working knowledge with one or more major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with modern cloud data warehousing providers (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery) and data lake architectures (Hadoop/HDFS)
- Experience programmatically interacting with REST APIs.
- Strong understanding of technical architectures -- application development and/or data infrastructure
- Available for up to 20% travel
- Hands-on experience in Data Engineering, Data Science, or Business Intelligence.
- Working experience with many of the common SaaS applications we support as sources (Salesforce, Google Analytics, Zendesk, ServiceNow, Jira).
- Working knowledge of advanced networking methodologies (IPSec, SSH, TLS) and enterprise security.
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities