From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
Fivetran test automation infrastructure team is looking for a Sr Software Engineer who is passionate about quality and automation. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving automation and reporting frameworks, integrating automation tests with CircleCI, monitoring and analyzing test results, and developing innovative tools to boost our testing efficiency. You will also coach Fivetran quality engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will be continuously looking for improvements to ensure high standards for automation. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
Fivetran is the epitome of data-driven-development — our engineering team is focused on building a world class product that:
- Facilitates Data Analytics — join our mission is to reliably deliver best-in class schemas, and clean data, designed to be intuitively useful to analysts.
- Contributes to our Community — help develop tools like Data Lakes, SQL-based Transformations, and schema explorers to empower analysts to choose the best tools, and to make those tools more powerful.
- Is Absolutely Dependable — work to make Fivetran the most reliable and secure component of our customers’ data infrastructure.
We emphasize using no-nonsense tools, and take great pride in the simplicity and effectiveness of the systems we build. Our back-end is built on Java, Postgres, and Kubernetes, and our front-end is built on React and Typescript.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Automation and Tools), you will:
- Develop a deep expertise of Fivetran Infrastructure technologies and Platform
- Revamp / rewire the existing automation infrastructure to deliver a stable and scalable automation architecture for Fivetran API and UI needs
- Perform assessments (POCs) and develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation into new technologies that would help maximize Fivetran products quality
- Support QA automation staff through training, mentoring and problem solving
- Work with cross-functional teams (QA, Developers, Product, SRE) in test automation activities across the organization.
- Actively engage with developer and QA teams to ensure we are delivering tools that make their lives easier
- Streamline automation suites on front-end and back-end in a continuous integration pipeline
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
- 8+ years of experience in the software industry with passion for quality and automation
- Strong software engineering foundations and experience designing and developing automation and reporting frameworks for API and UI from scratch using industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOP, preferably Java
- Handson experience working with AWS (EC2, EBS, NLB, Route53, etc.) & Containerization methodologies
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Strong knowledge with code coverage tools and metrics
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.