From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
Fivetran Support partners with some of the most passionate teams in the world, our customer’s teams, to deliver a best in class experience. Via a collaborative and holistic approach that is focused not only on resolution but also prevention of future issues the Customer Support Engineer (CSE) acts as our customer’s technical champion within Fivetran. At Fivetran our CSE’s take on exciting technical challenges while partnering with customers both internal and external to drive issues to an outcome that exceeds expectations.The Customer Support team is responsible for creating solutions and providing excellent experience for every customer.
As a Customer Support Engineer you will be working with new and existing customers in a highly technical capacity, ensuring successful onboarding of new customers and continued success for existing valued customers.
This is a full time position based out of our Dublin office
As a Customer Support Engineer at Fivetran, you will:
- Respond to the tickets/issues that are escalated by Fivetran customers, Account Managers and CSE team members
- Escalate issues within desired timeframe (Escalation SLA’s) to the Engineering and Product organization
- Help document Knowledge Base articles that act as references for CSE team members
- Provide a deeper understanding of the issue and workarounds to our customers
- Full ownership of major issues and customer challenges: debugging the issue; working with engineering and product to triage, develop a solution, and assign to product roadmap; keeping the customer updated with timelines and work-arounds
- Provide onboarding support to new customers
- Provide engineering assistance for Fivetran API interaction
- You enjoy working with external customers. You have empathy for our customers and take time to understand their pains, needs and wants and will go the extra mile to make sure their issues are resolved.
- You are interested in troubleshooting deep technical problems at the application and networking levels
- You are proficient in SQL
- You have experience analysing data
- You have worked with databases (SQL and NoSQL) and feel comfortable doing so
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Java experience is a plus
- Networking experience is a plus
- English fluency is a requirement. French or German language is a plus
Perks of Working with Us:
- Dental, and Health Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance and Income protection
- Equity in early-stage, Series C Startup
- A healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Working from home equipment stipend
- Family Leave Program
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
- Learning a tremendous amount about SaaS sales, and the data space
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.