About the role:
Our Enterprise Sales team needs a technical ace in the hole for when the questions get tough. You’ll work one-on-one with both Enterprise prospects and Sales team members to help discuss how Fivetran fits within their technology strategy. You’ll have a full understanding of how Fivetran is architected and a clear understanding of how Fivetran is best used in mature data stacks. Additionally, you’ll be tasked to invent and implement creative solutions for edge-case issues.
As a Sr. Sales Engineer at Fivetran, you will:
- Support Enterprise sales teams with deep technical knowledge and understanding of Fivetran product offerings and data space.
- Serve as the technical liaison between enterprise sales and product/engineering teams.
- Act as the primary resource in solving technical issues and inquiries in pre-sales and onboarding processes.
- Proactively engage with product and engineering teams on roadmap, soliciting and sharing customer/prospect feedback where necessary.
- Assist in documentation efforts around Fivetran product offerings, internal knowledge base, and training resources.
This is a fully remote position only open to candidates in the Southern California area.
What you bring to the table:
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for up to 40% travel
- Hands-on experience in Data Engineering, Data Science, or Business Intelligence.
- Working experience with many of the common SaaS applications we support as sources (Salesforce, Google Analytics, Zendesk, ServiceNow, Jira).
- Working knowledge of advanced networking methodologies (IPSec, SSH, TLS) and enterprise security.
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs