We’re hiring for two summer 2021 Legal Interns!
Want to have an impact at one of the fastest-growing unicorn companies in the Bay Area? Join the Legal & Privacy team at Fivetran! Fivetran was recently named to the Cloud 100 list as one of the hottest cloud software companies today. We’re looking for two 1Ls for a 10-week summer Legal internship. This is a paid internship opportunity and will be based in Fivetran’s Oakland, California headquarters (pending post-COVID return to work plans), with dates expected to coincide with the school calendar.
What you’ll work on: An unparalleled opportunity to experience all that hits a legal team at a fast-paced, scaling company. Your experience will provide you insight to the broad portfolio of legal matters that in-house counsel advises on. Not sure whether you want to practice litigation or corporate after you graduate? That’s ok - you’ll see the full spectrum of legal advising in action. No two days (or problems being solved) are the same! Projects will depend on the department needs, but could include:
- Drafting and rolling out new employment-related policies;
- Drafting and rolling out new or updated privacy and security-related policies;
- Training on the life of commercial counsel, and contracts review assignments to practice these new skills;
- Legal research related to our product, the countries where we do business, and more;
- Intellectual property matters, including filings and maintenance of trademark portfolios;
- Corporate legal work, including insights into how global companies work from a corporate governance perspective;
- Special projects related to other workplace matters, including projects related to best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
What we’re looking for: A driven and detail-oriented multi-tasker with practiced project management skills and a healthy sense of humor.
Key qualities include:
- Current first-year law student at nationally-accredited law school
- Self-motivated, creative and scrappy
- High attention to detail
- Curiosity that drives a desire to learn new skills
- Demonstrated self-initiative that drives a desire for impact and achievement
- A belief and practice that no task is too big or too small
- Comfort with fast-paced environments
- Project management skills (and ability to discuss how you gained them!)
- Aptitude for working with diverse stakeholders and rolling with the punches
- Bonus: an interest in data and privacy
In your (brief, 1-page or less!) cover letter, help introduce us to you by focusing on 1-2 of the qualities above.
Who we are: Data fuels powerful insights. We believe access to data should be as simple and reliable as utilities. We provide data power to companies big and small looking to extract their data from a variety of data sources, to be loaded into warehouses like Snowflake, Databricks, Amazon Redshift and more. Check out our customer stories to see how we help some of the world’s most innovative companies (including Docusign, Strava, and Donors Choose) superpower their data analytics capabilities with Fivetran’s modern data stack. Fivetran reached unicorn status in June 2020 when we raised a $100M Series C led by Andreessen Horowitz and General Catalyst. We power the modern data stack from our Oakland, CA headquarters with a global team grounded in integrity, initiative, and our ethos of “1 Team, 1 Dream.”
What you need to know: This is a paid internship, with no relocation or visa sponsorship. Please read the “key qualities” section above. Offers will be extended by the end of February.