About the role:
Our APAC Sales team needs a technical ace in the hole for when the questions get tough. You’ll work one-on-one with both APAC prospects and Sales team members to help discuss how Fivetran fits within their technology strategy. You’ll have a full understanding of how Fivetran is architected and a clear understanding of how Fivetran is best used in mature data stacks. Additionally, you’ll be tasked to invent and implement creative solutions for edge-case issues.
As an APAC Sales Engineer at Fivetran, you will:
- Stand as the technical liaison and collaborate with the Sales team to help pitch the Fivetran product and value prop to existing and potential Enterprise customers
- Understand the fundamentals of the entire data stack, and quickly learn new data systems to support the sales team
- Be the Fivetran product expert when evaluating how to work with a new APAC prospect
- Help the Sales team demonstrate Fivetran’s value prop to prospective customers to get them excited about working with Fivetran
- Communicate technical requirements and potential competitor solutions. Provide a strong technical response in aid to a prospect’s needs
- Enable the APAC Sales Team on the Fivetran product
- Keep current on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues
- Document and deliver both product feedback and new requirements from prospects to the Fivetran product team
- A deep understanding of the Fivetran product, working closely with support and development teams to resolve critical technical issues
- Be a Professional Development resource for Fivetran Sales Engineer
- Assist with tough technical problems escalated from the Sales Engineering teams
What you bring to the table:
- 3-7 years of Sales Engineer experience, with some combination of:
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for up to 20% travel
- Hands-on experience in Data Engineering, Data Science, or Business Intelligence.
- Working experience with many of the common SaaS applications we support as sources (Salesforce, Google Analytics, Zendesk, ServiceNow, Jira).
- Working knowledge of advanced networking methodologies (IPSec, SSH, TLS) and enterprise security.
Perks of working with us:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible time off
- Superannuation included
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company team building activities