Director, Enterprise Sales Engineering (Americas)
We are looking for a proven leader to join our Sales Engineering team to oversee Enterprise Sales Engineering at Fivetran. As a Director of Sales Engineering at Fivetran, you will manage a team of approximately 4-6 Sales Engineers initially, and likely a larger team over time. This team specializes in achieving the “technical win” and initial onboarding interacting with technical and business stakeholders across a multitude of verticals. In this strategic role, you will adopt and optimize the Fivetran playbook to maximize revenue growth while partnering closely with Fivetran Account Executives, Customer and Technical Success Managers, Marketing, and Partner Alliances- therefore interpersonal engagement and orchestration is essential. You will develop deep relationships with our business, technology and implementation partners to accelerate market share capture and joint success. In addition, you will help define and implement scalable processes to Drive the technical win and initial customer onboarding.
The ideal candidate will be a high impact individual capable of driving outstanding business results & continual employee development. This leader is fully responsible for managing the team to generate exceptional results among your direct reports, accelerate the progression of business through the sales journey, and drive the technical win and initial technical onboarding.
This position will report to the VP of Customer Success, Americas.
As a Sales Engineering Director at Fivetran, you will:
- Implement and optimize strategies to maximize revenue growth
- Ensure that direct reports are providing timely and accurate technical assistance in the sales process
- Coach your team members to maximize performance and prepare them for future roles
- Help your team win technically within key accounts
- Monitor, control and assist your team in successfully onboarding new customers
- Meet all defined goals and metrics
- Lead a team of technically-minded direct reports
- Communicate and present complex solutions to C-level executives
- Provide market feedback to management team to optimize sales strategy and positioning
- Be an escalation point for key deals in the pre-sales process
- Work with engineering teams to prioritize technical issues
What you'll bring to the table:
- SaaS technical management experience: Prior experience working within the SaaS space is critical to success. Experience in big data/analytics/data warehousing/business intelligence is a plus!
- Honesty/integrity: Does not cut corners, earns and maintains trust, does what is RIGHT
- Analytical skills: Able to create and leverage data insights to draw insightful conclusions
- Positive attitude & enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way
- Ability to hire and develop ‘A’ players: Source, select, and sell top performers to join
- Ability to coach and develop team members: Coach team members in their current roles while also preparing them for career advancement
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Detail-oriented and technical: Aptitude for understanding and teaching our technology
- Calm under pressure: Maintains stable performance under pressure or stress
- Creative/innovative: Generate new and innovative approaches to problems
- Listening skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their view points
- Openness to criticism/ideas: often solicits feedback and reacts calmly
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs