About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a high performance, experienced software engineering leader to help lead our Database Connector teams to success. You will be working closely with engineering teams, product managers, as well as support and sales engineers to build the future of the Fivetran Data Platform.
As the Director of Database Connectors, you will take ownership over one of the most important sections of our product, extracting data from many different types of databases including Postgres, Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server. You will take full responsibility for the quality, efficiency, and reliability of our entire suite of database source connectors; and you will build and maintain a team that reliably delivers excellent results while maintaining a culture of engagement, fairness, and continuous improvement.
As a Director Engineering, Database Connectors at Fivetran, you will:
- Lead our US engineering team to develop and evolve our database connectors to be the fastest and most reliable in the industry
- Scale and manage a world class US-based engineering team from 35 to 55 engineers in the next 12 months
- Improve the velocity of your teams by specializing and eliminating distractions
- Collaborate with other global engineering leaders on the engineering leadership team to design and implement new standardized engineering processes that result in a high performing global engineering organization
- Hire, mentor and promote engineering managers who build highly effective teams
- Enhance our recruiting and mentoring of engineers to attract and retain top talent
- Create, maintain and execute quarterly and annual plans that align with the overall engineering strategy and plans
What you bring to the table:
- You have detailed working knowledge with relational database technologies and integrations or data pipelines
- You have demonstrated experience with performance engineering and performance improvement projects
- You are familiar with the demand and challenges of enterprise customers and know how to engage with them both on a business and technical level
- You have shown to effectively work with product management on roadmaps, backlog prioritization and release planning
- You have hired, mentored and managed >= 3 engineering managers before
- You can collaborate effectively with other global engineering teams
- You can provide clear leadership over quarterly planning
- You are hands on when it comes to improving your teams’ velocity
- You are metric driven and can develop new KPIs and OKRs to guide the strategic direction of the teams you manage
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs