Fivetran is looking for a Manager, Software Engineering to join the engineering leadership team. You will be working closely with engineers and product managers to build the future of the Fivetran Data Platform.
As a Manager, you will lead a team of engineers, and coordinate with other stakeholders at the company, including product management, support engineers, and sales engineers. You will take full responsibility for the quality, efficiency, and reliability of your focus areas; and you will build and maintain a team that reliably delivers excellent results while maintaining a culture of engagement, fairness, and continuous improvement.
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- You will diagnose and resolve obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
- You will foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high quality software
- Aptitude in decision making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated competency in project and program leadership
- Ability to develop and communicate an effective vision and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to assess and iterate within an evolving software and services environment
- Extensive back-end development experience, preferably for an external facing product
- Expert Java programming, application architecture and database expertise
- Experienced working in a cloud environment architecture utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
- Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
- Experience in designing and developing file, event, application, or database connectors
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs