About the role:
Fivetran is disrupting a $10B data integration market through an opinionated yet wildly successful product offering that is cloud native, reliable, and in the middle of the data explosion. We aim to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. Transformations are a critical area of investment to achieve that goal.
The Product Manager of Transformations will lead this important initiative, taking on revenue responsibility for a line of business while pursuing innovation in the service of creating value to data teams worldwide. As the Product Manager of Transformations, you will drive forward initiatives to help our customers model, clean, validate, and transform Fivetran data in their warehouse. You’ll be a product leader that collaborates closely with our customers, customer success, design and engineering to deliver powerful data transformation tools. This is a position of key responsibility with high potential for growth at an already fast-growing company.
What are Data Transformations at Fivetran? Learn more here!
As a Fivetran Product Manager, you will:
- Work directly with executive leadership to build an innovative product strategy and roadmap
- Build a deep understanding of the goals and motivations of our target audience
- Execute alongside engineering by building a lean, powerful, and easy to use product that empowers our audience to do more with data
- Perform in-depth data analyses and user research to identify areas of opportunity, in close collaboration with design, analytics, engineering, and business leads
- Evangelize Fivetran transformations to the customer and open source communities
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of product experience in B2B
- Technical fluency and the willingness to rapidly develop expertise in dbt (data build tool)
- Track record of shipping data products that deliver measurable results
- Strong understanding of the ETL / ELT ecosystem and the role of transformations
- Customer-centric approach to product development; deeply empathetic to customer needs
- Understanding of the interplay between product and other business functions
- Technically conversant and able to collaborate easily with designers and engineers
- Creative problem solving at the intersection of a fast-growing business and cutting-edge technology
Nice to have (Not Required):
- Familiarity with data transformations technologies (as described here)
- Prior experience building products for an analyst persona
- Strong SQL skills
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs