From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a high-performing Data Analyst who's keen to become a data model expert in the growing cloud ecosystem. The role requires a mastery of SQL, an aptitude for understanding new schemas, and an ability to communicate best practices to our customer data teams.
As a Data Analyst at Fivetran, you will:
- Own the development and maintenance of re-usable dashboards and data models that run on top of Fivetran's standardized schemas. We use a modern data stack of Fivetran, dbt, BigQuery along with Looker and Sigma for our BI.
- Work with business stakeholders to drive insights as we strive to help Fivetran make data driven decisions.
- Validate Fivetran's standardized schemas for correctness and analytics utility. Provide feedback and insights to our development team to continually improve the schemas for our growing number of data connectors.
- Improve Fivetran documentation, blog, and customer support material by voicing the data analyst perspective. Provide sample SQL queries and sample analyses to showcase the functionality of Fivetran schemas and ERDs.
What you bring to the table:
- Mid-level experience as a data analyst
- Extensive SQL and BI knowledge
- Ability to setup and maintain Looker dashboards for business stakeholders
- Comfortable communicating with customers and industry partners
- Ability to convey technical principles to a range of skill levels from novice data analysts to advanced IT professionals.
- Interest in becoming a sought after voice in the data analytics community.
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.