As the Manager, Business Development you will play a crucial role in our sales organization by recruiting, managing and training our Business Development team members and partnering closely with Sales Management and Marketing to ensure adequate pipeline generation. You’ll be responsible for management, operations, and the development of strategic tactics for outbound development through targeted accounts lists and other outbound approaches. Further, you will be a key member of our sales leadership team and help shape the development of our BDR program as we expand globally.
This position is located in Oakland, CA and will report to the Director of Business Development who sits in our Denver, CO office. Fivetran is currently operating in a remote work state and will return to normal in-person office operations once it's safe to do so.
As a Manager of Business Development at Fivetran you will:
- Manage a front line Business Development team through the use of a weekly target account list that is provided by our marketing team.
- Drive performance to ensure 30% of new opportunities are created through the BDR outbound channel.
- Continuously foster and encourage an environment where best practices are developed and then shared with the broader team.
- Work closely with sales leadership to ensure overall strategies are aligned and continuously improved.
- Hire ambitious, hard-working, and curious BDRs to join Fivetran’s sales team.
- Add to an already fun, challenging and results-oriented culture.
What you'll bring to the role:
- You have proven experience (2 to 5 years) managing a front-line sales team with the mindset that there is no best, only better when it comes to the success of the Business Development Representative team
- A positive, encouraging and optimistic attitude in a fast paced environment.
- You're comfortable getting your hands dirty tactically, but have the ability to think strategically when needed.
- You are candid and clear in your communication style to all stakeholders at Fivetran; direct reports, leadership and colleagues.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and an ability to 'look forward', forecasting team performance Vs. indicated KPI's
- You have had a high aptitude to learn new technologies and strong desire to become an expert in the automated data integration space.
Benefits working at Fivetran:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs