Manage the Research & Development pod that covers Product and Engineering analytics of the Fivetran Analytics team. Articulate analytics vision and strategy, build processes and standards, oversee issue prioritization, and professionally develop high-performance analysts.
About the role:
We’re looking for a high-performing Senior Analytics Manager who's interested in the growing cloud data ecosystem and knows how to manage people, advance strategy, and maintain team focus all at once. This role requires the ability to drive projects with a team of analysts and help them develop professionally while delivering strategic and high-quality work. In technical terms, the role requires a mastery of SQL, data modeling and transformation, and an ability to design and lead with best practices. This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office.
As a Senior Analytics Manager at Fivetran, you will:
- Understand and advance the vision and strategy of the Analytics organization, both within the R&D pod and broader Analytics team
- Work with your peers, Analytics Technical Product Manager, and the Director of Analytics to align on strategy, processes, and best practices
- Ramp up tooling, instrumentation and data modeling sustainably, so that product analytics at Fivetran can scale with the business and the needs of stakeholders
- Guide a team of data analysts on delivering projects on time while managing the workload, the performance, and the quality of the deliverables. Ensure that the quality of deliverables and internal processes stays top-notch as the organization scales rapidly
- Contribute to happy stakeholders, business success, and a more data-driven culture at Fivetran
- Ensure the professional development of your reports
People Management: Solid experience as an Analytics Manager with proven track records of developing 3+ direct reports
Data-driven: Expert in SQL, data collection and instrumentation, data modeling / transformation skill, and visualization/reporting knowledge
Business Strategy: Be commercial and possess deep domain knowledge in product and/or engineering analytics
Product/Data Fit: Translates the needs of product analytics into requirements for overall data framework and best practices
- Technical Diplomacy: Works effectively with engineers to ensure the timely and correct implementation of tooling and instrumentation
Stakeholder Management: Comfortable communicating with customers and industry partners; able to convey complex concepts and findings in a language they understand
Communication Skill: Ability to convey technical principles to a range of skill levels from novice data analysts to advanced professionals and senior leadership
- Has strong attention to detail;
- Able to work in fast-paced start-up environments;
- Values constructive criticism;
- Is a team player
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs