From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a high performance, experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to collaboratively define a vision around quality and build the strategy, team, process, and tools to achieve it. You will be working closely with the greater Engineering Organization, In this role, you will grow, nurture, and lead a multidisciplinary team to develop critical test infrastructure, enact approaches that bring quality further upstream, and share actionable data that keeps quality top of mind.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Fivetran you will:
- Write high quality automated test suites
- Ensure that Fivetran software is high-quality by building product test strategies, writing and automating test plans, and communicating with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Educate Engineering and Product on testing and QA; partner with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
- Help ensure releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes
- Awe your team by uncovering, or preventing corner case defects
- Broad knowledge and hands-on technical experience in test methodologies and automation development
- Familiar with infrastructure environments such as AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively with fellow developers about quality related needs
- Able to assess and iterate within an evolving software and services environment
- Able to code new automated tests incorporated into the back end of a product
Perks of working with us:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Professional development and training opportunities
- English classes
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.