From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
Fivetran is looking for an ambitious, accomplished, and independent Principal Software Engineer who will make a big impact at a fast-growing company. You will play a vital role in building and improving our software architecture foundation, guiding our teams to build the infrastructure to deliver the reliable operation of our data pipeline service and work with them hands-on building challenging new features. We're looking for people who can understand the key values that make our product great and implement those values in the many small decisions you make every day as one of our most senior engineers.
Fivetran is the epitome of data-driven-development — our engineering team is laser-focused on building a world-class product that:
Facilitates Data Analytics — our mission is to reliably deliver best-in-class schemas, and clean data, designed to be intuitively useful to analysts.
Contributes to our Community — we’re developing tools like Data Lakes, dbt-based Transformations, and schema explorers to empower analysts to choose the best tools and to make those tools more powerful.
Is Absolutely Dependable — we’re working to make Fivetran the most reliable and secure component of our customers’ data infrastructure.
We emphasize using no-nonsense tools and take great pride in the simplicity and effectiveness of the systems we build. Our back-end is built on Java, Postgres, and Kubernetes, and our front-end is built on React and Typescript.
- Demonstrated expert ability to drive and lead large-scale architectural projects in a highly effective manner with a clear goal of delivery in mind
- Enjoys intensive collaboration with technical (engineers, leads) and non-technical (product managers, analysts) members in the organization to build complex system-level features
- Demonstrated temperament and interpersonal skills to work effectively at multiple levels ranging from in the trenches with engineers to working with the CTO
- Extensive back-end development experience, preferably for an external-facing product
- Writes well-structured and performant code; hands-on in designing, building, maintaining, testing and deploying code
- Experienced with the formulation of ideas; building proof-of-concept (POC) and converting them to production-ready projects
- Expert Java programming, application architecture and database expertise
- Experienced working in a cloud environment architecture utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
- Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
- Experience in designing and developing file, event, application, or database connectors
Perks of working with us:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Professional development and training opportunities
- English classes
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.