About the role:
Fivetran is looking for an enterprise product designer that is a great communicator, creative, and able to quickly generate new ideas & concepts. You pick up the pen and show leadership through example. You understand that in B2B products, our users & customers may be vastly different and that technical constraints can play a major role. You can take designs all the way through to finished products, creating guidelines, and specifications for the rest of the team.
You have deep knowledge and practical experience in all aspects of UX design for software applications, from user research and idea generation to interaction design and functional design prototyping. You focus on details and obsess over ways to improve the customer's experience. You have big ideas and aren't afraid to experiment, because you know failure is an important part of innovation.
You might have concerns about the job requirements or technology, but still feel like you'd be a good fit. Don't let that stop you. We're looking for talented, motivated UX designers to bring their unique skills to the role--and we're flexible in order to find the right candidate.
This role can report to our Oakland or Denver office.
As a Senior Product Designer at Fivetran, you will:
- Drive the user experience, both in application and outside, for Fivetran data pipelines
- Research, define, prioritize, and evangelize alongside Product partners
- Help the entire team practice effective generative research to deeply understand customer workflows and problems.
- Help a growing UX team develop a comprehensive design vision, approach, and strategy for enterprise use cases.
- Work with engineers to build, ship, measure, and iterate on concepts
What you'll need:
- You have strong experience building products and B2B Enterprise SaaS, Data or Analyst products a plus.
- You have worked on and launched innovative and differentiated products with resulting revenue over $10M
- You are experienced in leading customer research, customer validation, concept design, design systems, usability testing, and other modern design practices.
- Created or adapted design methodology using tools like Jira to interface with engineering teams using Agile / Scrum Methodology
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts appropriately to different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren't afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- You can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow.
- You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- You are detail oriented and organized.
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs