Software Engineer - React
Fivestars is America’s largest local commerce network, driving over $3 billion of sales and 100 million transactions annually. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. We offer an all-in-one payments, loyalty and marketing automation platform that brings more customers to local businesses. Founded in 2011, Fivestars is backed by Lightspeed, DCM, Menlo Ventures, HarbourVest, and others. Together, let’s #LoveLocal. For more information visit: www.fivestars.com.
Who you are
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications that impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role, you’ll plan, design, and implement new features in our merchant and consumer applications, impacting both our in and out of store experiences.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain a high level of quality in our codebases through well-written automated tests, good architecture and code review practices
- Own, design and code product initiatives from start to finish
- Work collaboratively with designers, PMs & QA to ensure our products are the best they can be
- Provide technical leadership within the engineering organization and be ready to assist when necessary
- Always be shipping software
What we're looking:
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 8+ years experience working on production web applications - we primarily use React and Typescript, but if you have a strong eye for clean modular code then you will fit right in
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or other applicable protected categories. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training