At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program.
Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Together, let’s love local!
Research has always been an integral and valued part of Fivestars. By being part of the research team at Fivestars, you will play a key role in uncovering key insights to help the organization deliver user experiences that impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network.
The ideal candidate is someone who is always curious, flexible, and thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. This will be a full-time role in San Francisco.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and proactively identify impactful research questions
- Design and execute full-cycle quantitative and qualitative market research studies to help broaden our understanding of our key users and their complex needs, attitudes, and behaviors
- Effectively analyze complex datasets and turn them into actionable insights
- Communicate research findings effectively with cross-functional partners and inspire them to take action
- 2 - 3 years of experience independently executing full-cycle market research from study design to reporting
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies (i.e. survey, conjoint analysis, pricing models, competitive analysis, copy testing)
- Proven track record of using primary and secondary research to influence product direction, optimization, and positioning
- Strong experience creating impactful and well-defined research methodologies to answer broadly defined problems with minimal signals
- Experience with R, SPSS, or any other data analysis tools
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.