At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing program. Fivestars drives over $2.5 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
As the VP of Operations, you'll be responsible for building and coaching our Operations and Sales organizations, building the processes that make them successful, and building reporting to meticulously analyze where your team is succeeding and where it could use help. You have a process that leads to repeatable and predictable success and you are highly metrics driven. You have experience leading teams of 75+ people. You are an executive who is passionate about technology and SaaS. You get excited about new tech and introducing people to it. You enjoy getting to know customers out of genuine interest and concern for their needs. You're comfortable leading a team of professionals, spanning service, account management, SDR, and sales. You get excited about the prospect of helping SMB’s thrive.
You will work collaboratively across the team to translate strategic roadmaps into clear business plans with established metrics and goals. You will work to optimize and improve our current processes, systems, and programs so that we can best meet our goals. Additionally, you will help drive new strategic program initiatives that continue to open more opportunities for the 14,000 local businesses we currently serve. With your hands-on experience and deep knowledge in operations, you’ll allow us to hit our aggressive growth goals in 2020 and beyond.
Those Key Qualities
Culture & Community:
- Continuous innovation and improvement
- Highly engaged, high-performing teams
- High volume, fast paced work environment
- Industriousness: the ability to handle the unknown by leveraging your past experiences and intuition
- Collaboration across all groups (Sales, Customer Success, Support, Product, Engineering, People Ops, Business Applications, Finance, and more)
- Speed and agility of a startup with the resources of a much larger company
- Mutual respect; we are an ego-free company!
- Data-driven & solution-oriented
- Honesty & Integrity; do the right thing
- Outward thinking and servant leader, who places the needs of people above self
Fivestars is an organization rooted in ensuring our leaders are committed to the success and happiness of their direct reports. We’re looking for a person with the following qualities:
- A leader who builds genuine relationships: connections, trust and a sense of belonging
- A leader who fosters inclusion
- A leader who helps their team members do their best work and master their role
- A leader who can build a highly engaged team
- A leader who can create a create a memorable employee experience
- A leader that can help Fivestars realize our mission, while practicing our values
Who You Are:
- Have successfully managed 75+ person teams, spanning Operations and Sales.
- Have experience recruiting from network and other sources for talent.
- Comfortable using and explaining tech terminology.
- Have a very clear understanding of the benefits, but also the challenges of working at a startup.
- Come up with creative ideas, then test them using data.
- Get excited about coaching and building scalable processes to help your team develop and grow.
- Have a clear understanding of where your strengths and weaknesses are. You aren’t shy about asking for help when you need it, and you don’t pretend to know things you don’t know.
- Always looking for ways to be better at your career and expect the same of those around you.
- Admit when you are wrong and expect the same of the people you work with.
- Good at giving effective feedback to those around you to make them better.
- Comfortable accepting feedback from those around you to make yourself better.
- Strong and empathetic relationship to local businesses. Previous experience working with SMBs strongly preferred
- A track record of working with Software Engineering and Product teams
- Experience leading training sessions to ensure that the product is meeting user needs, and to ensure it is being used widely enough to have concrete impact
- Experience identifying relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows, and work with Software Engineers to integrate the data
- Project management experience (scope control, budgeting, estimating and resource management)
- Ability to propose creative solutions to challenging problems and communicate technical concepts and specifications clearly and efficiently
- A track record of quantitative decision-making and analytical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills with ability to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Low ego, entrepreneurial, and forward-thinking mind-set
- A strong personal commitment to planning and execution over both short and long term time horizons
- Ability to triage and manage multiple, simultaneous projects within a growing start-up
- Experienced at establishing new processes and cadence within organizations
- Vendor and supply chain management experience, including contract negotiation and cost optimization
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.