At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year.
Fivestars was launched out of Y-Combinator in 2011 (most recently on Y-Combinator’s Top 75 Companies List for 2019) and has raised over $105 million from notable investors including Lightspeed, DCM, HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Y-Combinator, and others.
Together, let’s love local!
Fivestars is searching for an innovative People Operations Business Partner to join our team. You will be an integral part of the People team, helping us focus on the employee experience and making it a memorable one. You would be backed by great leadership, in a world-class culture that values problem-solving and belonging. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship, but we cannot achieve this without first investing deeply in our employees and building and sustaining a strong community. We believe that our employee success team can be our driving competitive advantage.
Your contribution to the employee experience is one of the most important and critical components to the success of each team member here. Help us build an impactful and amazing employee experience from onboarding, coaching, feedback training, career development tools, successful departures, the building of our technology stack, creating solid stories through data analytics, seamlessly refining our backend systems and so much more.
- Assist in refining the entire employee experience from onboarding, coaching, feedback, career tracks, departures, celebrating wins to creating lasting brand ambassadors
- Lead leave of absence administration to provide support and resources for our employees
- Partner on employee relations and investigations
- Lead compensation and total rewards analysis to align with our values and ensuring we are taking care of our employees
- Partner and coach managers through challenging conversations including performance plans and terminations
- Deep dive into analytics including employee engagement and diversity data and design and implement programs to improve our employee experience
- Empower and educate managers on the importance of ongoing feedback and performance summaries
- Create policies and guidelines when necessary with a simple and lightweight approach
- Continuously analyze our technology stack to ensure it serves our employees’ needs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in People Operations or related field is a must
- 5+ years of experience in People Operations role; 2+ years working in a start-up is a must
- People Operations Generalist experience and curiosity to continuously learn about all aspects of People Operations
- A deep knowledge of leave of absence, benefits, employment law, compliance, and compensation
- An obsession with simplifying people operations and using a well-refined approach
- A powerful understanding of what it means to create a great employee experience and a passion to make it happen
- An ability to truly listen, be empathetic, take action and follow-through
- An ability to play with and analyze data that can tell a powerful story
- A real and down to earth approach
- A fun attitude and flexibility to push and try new things, programs, approaches
- Support Fivestars 250+ employees nationwide
- Reflect our values: Shared Humility, Authentic Relationships, Warrior Spirit, and Joy Every Day
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.