At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing program. Fivestars drives over $2.5 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local.
The Fivestars Growth Team drives merchant acquisition and retention at scale. The Senior Growth Marketing Manager, reporting to the Director of Growth, will be accountable for Fivestars merchant acquisition through our various paid marketing channels, both online and offline (search, display, social, retargeting, syndicated content, etc.) and ensure that Fivestars has world-class web experiences and conversion rate optimization. Working closely with our engineering, product, product marketing, analytics, and design teams, this role is a technical and results-driven role that is critical for driving the company’s business economics and user experience.
- Build the overall paid digital acquisition strategy
- Launch and scale high-performance ad campaigns, build and improve landing page experiences, and test new channels, constantly seeking channel-market fit
- Own all online paid channels including paid search, paid social, display, retargeting, etc., manage the budget and reliably forecast spend and lead volume
- Create dashboards and reporting mechanisms to track progress on key initiatives and vigilantly monitor and report on campaign performance—communicating learnings, best practices, and results to internal stakeholders/executives
- Own the ideas backlog and strategic roadmap for paid acquisition, with an eye toward constant experimentation and improvement
- Work closely with the Growth engineering, Wordpress developers, designers and product marketing to own the maintenance and growth of the Fivestars website and various digital assets
- Analyze and optimize landing page experiences across all channels (SEM, email, Facebook/Instagram Ads, etc.) to multiply team results
- Build quarterly plans and targets and gain buy-in from internal stakeholders across product, engineering, sales, and marketing
- BA/BS in the quantitative field: Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of online marketing, specifically with a track record of success managing performance-based paid acquisition campaigns
- Prior experience driving ROI-positive paid acquisition for a SaaS or eCommerce business
- Analytical rigor, an expert with Excel, SQL, Tableau, and/or Periscope, and working knowledge of statistics
- Ability to prioritize effectively between short term and long term projects
- Relentless focus on driving business results
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.