At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing program. Fivestars drives over $2.5 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars is seeking a Senior System Validation Engineer to play a leading role. As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications that impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. We ship products on tablets and currently deploy thousands of tablets per month to our merchants. As our hardware demands continue to grow, we are investing in our internal processes around hardware testing, hardware design, monitoring, and life-cycle management.
- Provide a broad computer engineering background to create test plans, assemble test hardware and perform validation testing of computer systems, machine control, and system software infrastructure.
- Experience in system validation and optimization within one or more of the following areas: high-speed serial interface, RF, EMC/ESD/Safety compliance, display, camera, audio, sensors, and/or input devices.
- Authors and reviews validation project documentation as appropriate, such as Risk Assessments, Validation Plans, Change Impact Assessments, Design Specifications, User Requirements, Functional Requirements, Trace Matrices, Factory IQC/OQC, and Summary Reports.
- Evaluates and analyzes validation data for accuracy and sufficiency.
- Works closely with stakeholders to establish and support the development and testing strategies for the product and system.
- Coaching and mentoring team members on best practices in verification, testing to establish product and system reliability.
- Revise test procedures based on established industry best practices and regulations/ guidance documents.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, be able to work independently, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Customer focus and being a team player are a must.
- Manage contractors and vendors hired to support validation and development activities.
- 10+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: consumer product design, new product releases, test engineering, manufacturing support.
- Must have strong EE fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc).
- Desired experience with testing or administration of networking (TCP, UDP, Multicast, etc.) and network devices.
- Experience in the following areas is desired: wireless mobile devices including display/touch, batteries, and input devices, system integration, high-speed communication, and interface protocols, analog, and audio design and measurement, sensor design and integration, low power embedded system design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with: embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially USB C, SPI, I2C, UART, MIPI, DSI), analog design, sensor design, low power design, audio acoustics.
- Desired hands-on experience with RF technologies such as BT, NFC, 802.11, LTE.
- Knowledge and experience with programming or scripting language a plus (i.e. Python, C/C++, Java, Perl, or other).
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.