At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year.
Fivestars was launched out of Y-Combinator in 2011 (most recently on Y-Combinator’s Top 75 Companies List for 2019) and has raised over $105 million from notable investors including Lightspeed, DCM, HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Y-Combinator, and others.
Together, let’s love local!
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications that impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role, you’ll manage teams that plan, design, and implement new features in our merchant application that seamlessly integrate with a merchants point of sale.
- Coach a team of senior engineers who develop software integrations across multiple operating systems (Windows, Mobile) and hundreds of points of sale
- Partner with product managers to understand the biggest pain points for Fivestars merchants and empower the engineering team to come up with creative solutions
- Provide technical leadership on architecture, code reviews and best practices
- Be involved in critical discussions and decisions with leadership across engineering, product, design, QA, and analytics
- Help grow the Fivestars engineering team by nurturing engineers, recruiting world-class talent and setting high standards for yourself and others
- Implement and advocate for best engineering and testing practices
- Always be shipping software
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least 3 engineers
- 8+ years of experience developing software
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Experience with Windows APIs, Python, or native Android is a plus
- Success managing a senior engineering team
- The will to tackle tough technical challenges and persevere even when conventional solutions may fail
- Developed and maintained multiple applications through the entirety of their lifecycle
- A high level of curiosity and a current pulse on the latest technologies
- A strong eye for software design
- A desire to impact local businesses and communities
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.