Do you want to take your Linux engineering skills and knowledge of infrastructure security and be part of the modernization of a legacy environment to a DevOps one? If you have some perimeter or email security, Bash or Python scripting, and Ansible, and you love to automate things then you might be Fivesky's next Linux Engineer
What you have done:
5+ years of Linux Engineering knowledge
5+ years of Email/perimeter security (Proofpoint Email security a plus)
3+ years of Bash or Python experience
1+ years of Ansible
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the current environment and find new and emerging services, platforms, and technologies, and eventually move to a cloud-based DevOps platform
- Work closely, partnering with development and operations teams to streamline and improve the infrastructure adding automation as it relates to systems and network infrastructure understand their pain points and deliver modern solutions
- Use your Python or Bash skills to automate the infrastructure
- Identify and manage external vendor relationships where appropriate
- Work both independently and across teams
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.