Do you want to know how to fit sports and technology perfectly together? Fitogram will show you! Our multinational, enthusiastic and lively team awaits you in the heart of Cologne. We have people from 25 nations in our office cultivating an amazing team spirit! You will work in autonomous agile teams and have full responsibility for your topics. Micro management is something unknown to us because we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and supporting leadership.
Our goal is to conquer the market with top-notch technologies and best practices. Modern backend? .NET Core! Microservices? Up and running! A blazing frontend? React, Redux & Typescript! Kubernetes cluster management? We have it! Building development environments within minutes? We create them! Making data based decisions? Crunch crunch! Having a clear vision? Let’s conquer Europe! Our claim? We get your digital sport studio online in 30 minutes!
So what are you waiting for? After our new 80€ million funding for the group we are ready to revolutionize the sports market together with you!
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who will be an essential part of our team with the possibility to shape our software in a fast growing company. As Backend Engineer you feel comfortable to tackle and manage complex projects in the Event domain which focuses on scheduling classes or appointments for our customers. Our vision is to create an extremely efficient and scaling service which can support millions of events while keeping high performance.
- Ownership: You are responsible for the scheduling & event service in our software in regard to maintenance and future implementations.
- Technical Expertise: While delivering awesome features you apply our standards and best practices during development. Additionally, you provide feedback if you see room for improvement.
- Cross team collaboration: Active participation in cross-team engineering initiatives to create alignment.
- Customer focus: You love to build software with a strong customer focus and collaborate closely with your peers from product, backend, business intelligence and quality assurance.
What you need to succeed
- You have 2+ years of experience in software development (preferred in .NET) adhering to best practices in OOP, SOLID principles, design patterns, clean code, and testing
- You are proactive, goal-oriented, self-motivated, reliable, and structured in your work
- Passion and enthusiasm are your drivers at work
- You are proficient in English and can communicate clearly to other stakeholders no matter their background
Will be a plus
- Knowledge around microservice architectures and managing a SaaS-solution
- Tweaking & optimising a PostgreSQL database is easy for you
- You are experience providing a Public API as product
Our Tech Stack
- Frontend: React + Redux, Typescript
- Backend: .NET Core, C#
- Quality Assurance: JUnit, Java, TestRail, Selenium, Cucumber, BDD
- Infrastructure: AWS, Debian, Kubernetes, Docker, Datadog, PagerDuty, Cloudflare,
- Data Management: PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Rabbit MQ
- Tools: Git, Scrum, Jira, Travis CI, Confluence
- Details on StackShare
Our offer to you
- Flexible working hours, incl. working up to 2 months per year from any European country and home office days
- An indefinite contract and full-time position at a mission-driven workplace where your daily tasks will help people lead a happy and healthy life
- A flat hierarchy that embraces ownership and promotes creative freedom. Your voice will be heard
- Knowledge sharing and learning opportunities in an open company culture, like foreign language classes, dog-friendly, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses and more
- An Urban Sports Club L-Membership
Fitogram is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).