Designing the future. FITCH transforms consumer experience and accelerates business success. We deliver seamless solutions by combining the physical, human and digital elements of a brand to create unique experience signatures.
FITCH is a leading global retail and brand consultancy with an integrated offer of strategy, design, and implementation, which enables us to deliver across all touchpoints. We do this for clients that include Adidas, B&Q, Brown-Forman, Dell, H&M, Philips, and Sberbank. FITCH is a WPP company (NYSE). www.fitch.com
Our global brand agency seeks an experienced, hands-on financial controller to administer the agency's financial reporting. The controller maintains overall Corporate accounting, budgeting and financial reporting policies and procedures which will provide effective control and satisfy the requirements of senior management and independent auditors.
Professional & Technical Experience:
- Accounting/Finance Degree with 6+ years’ experience in a financial reporting and analytical role
- Strong background in GAAP accounting and financial management.
- Exposure to planning and financial reporting. Experience posting journal and general ledger entries.
- Public accounting or audit experience is a plus
- Experienced in Sarbanes Oxley compliance reporting, including assistance in maintaining the current set of internal controls and establishment of new framework to maintain SOX compliance.
- Established proficiency in planning, analysis and with solid oral and written communication skills.
- Managerial capabilities preferred.
- Ability to work independently with senior management, peers and junior staff.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight financial reporting deadlines.
- Group consolidation experience a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, including writing formulas, pivot tables, sumif statements, and filters. Ability to write and edit macros a plus.
- Responsible for the accounting functions, including adherence to company accounting policies and procedures, and the fulfilment of all internal and external financial and operational reporting requirements.
- Directing and assisting in the preparation of financial reporting and summarizing and forecasting the agency business activity and financial position of areas of revenue and expenses, based on past, present and expected operations
- Comparing financial performance of operations with operating plans and standards; reporting and interpreting the financial results from operations; reporting significant trends and variances and contributing toward the formulation of future policies and strategies which will enhance overall profitability and operating efficiency.
- Maintains all reporting of internal and external periodic reporting to Corporate office or parent company including actuals, re-forecast, budget, corporate responsibility, client profitability, balance sheet variance analysis, and other Corporate requests.
- Prepares and manages the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities including monthly flash and actuals, month-end close, inter-company reconciliations, profit & loss statement and financial statements.
- Oversees accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements & wires.
- Responsible for reviewing payroll and pension accruals, fixed asset records, taxes and general accounting
- Provide variances analysis and reporting on monthly results
- Assists in the development of the annual budget, quarterly forecast and coordinates final year-end process and reporting using consistent format
- Leads interactions with all internal and external auditors and ensures SOX controls are communicated, followed and SOX narratives updated as necessary
- Liaison with the Client Finance team on individual client account reconciliation processes as needed
- Responsible for the accounting functions for two satellite offices within the network.
- Assist in the oversight and timely reporting of sister company and consolidated reporting for N.A.
- Approves all overhead invoices in payment system and investigates issues as they arise.
- Integrates and coordinates controllership functions and systems to achieve maximum operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for vendor management and 1099 processing
- Creates ad-hoc reports as required
Key Success Factors:
- Working alongside the FD, improving efficiencies and impacting on US-wide business performance
- Implementation of new working practices to underpin CFO’s drive to improve systems and efficiencies across the global network
- Strength of working relationships – internally and within WPP