FITCH is the world’s leading brand and retail consultancy. Designing the Future.
Online, offline and in person. We don’t predict the future, we influence it and we
design it. Whenever and wherever your customer meets your brand.
Who are we looking for:
You are a highly creative, hyper-collaborative team player who can lead a team of multi-disciplinary creatives to elevate creative thinking and ideas and oversee top-notch execution in environmental design. You have strong conceptual and lateral thinking skills, with a portfolio that demonstrates it.
You will lead innovative projects, spearheading bold ideas and engaging content for our clients, with the goal of driving revenue, audience, quality, and performance. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, ideate quickly and solve problems in an innovative, unruly and rebellious way.
You will oversee, inspire and manage creative direction on projects and across accounts to have a unified focus delivering breakthrough creative partnerships. With a multi-faceted conceptual and strategic background you will ideate experiences which integrate physical space with digital and service design.
You foster a thriving, inspirational, and immensely creative work environment, including team meetings, creative field trips and thought leadership. As a fearless leader you elevate, refine, and challenge the quality of our conceptual work and visual output. You are a ball of positive, insightful energy with an uncanny ability to influence the team into having that same outlook at work.
The Creative Director develops and leads FITCH design teams. The CD is accountable for the performance and output of these teams, which in turn contributes to the creative reputation of FITCH. The CD plays a leadership role, driving the creative agenda and future direction of the studio. They support the Business Directors to lead new business efforts as well as consulting and engaging existing clients towards organic growth, contribute to FITCH thought leadership, and partner with FITCH associates and teams across the globe as it applies.
Professional & Technical Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree in interior or environmental design
- Minimum ten years of international design experience and five years of team leadership and business management experience
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas to others through written, drawn and verbal means, particularly design staff across disciplines and project managers
- Superior listening skills
- Strong creative leader with proven design ability and execution in international design
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Ability to apply creativity and strategy to any given solution
- Similar consultancy/agency experience preferred
- Must be able to travel 50%
The majority of time within the role is dedicated to:
- Senior creative leadership for projects within the studio, providing both a holistic overview as well as a detailed understanding where relevant
- Ensuring and inspiring the development of best practices in the creation and delivery of work
- Fostering strong collaborative teams across skill sets
- Working to build and nurture long-term client relationships
- Playing an active role in business development and studio growth initiatives
- Actively participating in and positively impacting the general management of the studio
- Nurturing talent and working to grow their knowledge and skills
- Providing support, as required, to studio and creative development plans in the region, focusing on strategic objectives and consistent delivery of the creative product
- Supervisory responsibilities including, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems
Primary Activities: On a day to day basis:
- Establishment of a clear structure for the day to day management of the team
- Mentoring of creative teams - leading role for key projects; support role in smaller projects working via DDs and ADDs
- Creative benchmarking internally and externally via an understanding of the dynamics of the industry as a whole
- Overseeing creative recruitment
- Key role in business development and creatively leading pitch teams
- Working with the Business Development function, profile building for individuals and studio via PR and awards programs
- Active participation in the required activities of the management team – regular meetings and follow-up actions
Key Success Factors:
- Highly conceptual thinking
- Growth, strength, and stability of the Studio
- Cohesiveness between disciplines
- Assessment of creative output
- Thought leadership
- Number and quality of awards
- Industry profile
- Credibility across the business
- Working relationships
- Integration of physical, human and digital touchpoints
- Impact on general management and overall growth of the team