At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Full Job Description:
Fitbit Health Solutions (FHS) delivers leading wearable devices, software and services to B2B enterprise customers that are designed to drive healthy behavior change. Our solutions motivate and engage people in a personalized health experience across the full spectrum of care, from wellness and prevention to chronic condition management. Fitbit Health Solutions Health Plan channel consists of regional plans, national health plans and BCBS plans.
We are seeking a Strategic Partner Manager, who will enthusiastically engage with internal stakeholders and our valued health plan partners to drive growth of our business. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, detail-oriented and accustomed to delivering complex solutions to health plan entities via a cross functional team approach. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are effective in managing multiple work streams. You strive for excellence in your daily work by maintaining a customer-centric focus and a team-oriented approach. You are positive, upbeat and have a willingness to take on new initiatives. You have a proven track record of success in selling complex solutions to health plan organizations and exceeding sales quota.
Strategic Partner Manager, Health Plan Channel:
- You will be responsible for generating new direct contracts of Fitbit Health Solutions with regional health plan entities.
- You will serve as a value added resource and provide strategic guidance on industry trends and population health management solutions.
- You will be responsible for the entire sales process, inclusive of but not limited to territory management, early stage sales development, solution design, proposal development and contract execution.
- You will develop unique value propositions and business case analyses in response to a health plan’s underlying needs and requirements.
- You will manage multiple work streams within a health plan entity across multiple lines of business inclusive of Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid population segments.
- Serve as the business owner and territory management lead within the health plan vertical market.
- Generate new pipeline growth and meet/exceed quarterly sales targets.
- Proactively identify and develop business case analyses in response to a health plan’s underlying business needs and requirements. Conduct strategic planning discussions, document business and technical requirements, assess competitive threats and align internal product, marketing and clinical resources.
- Screen potential opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financial implications.
- Strategically prospect net new health plan partners, build a qualified pipeline and strategically manage opportunities through deal closure.
- Work in collaboration with marketing on demand generation, event planning and communication strategies.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets and against revenue projections.
- Establish and grow relationships with key stakeholders across partnership’s organization to support growth and client satisfaction. Facilitate executive level connections. Achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Drive top line revenue growth by successfully managing and expanding partnerships.
- Develop a deep understanding of our partner’s business model, organizational structure, go-to-market strategies, key clients, and platform/solution capabilities to influence how we deliver results together.
- Own the development and execution of sales plans to achieve revenue targets.
- Effectively communicate the value of Fitbit Health Solutions and overall market trends.
Qualifications of a Strategic Partner Manager, Health Plan Channel:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree in business or healthcare related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience within the health plan vertical market.
- A track record of success in selling and negotiating complex solutions. Expertise in delivering care management and wellbeing solutions. Knowledge of the Medicare market segment is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with Salesforce and holding virtual meetings to support growth of business.
- Sales and Business Development experience in a fast growth, technology environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with a cooperative working style: ability to persuade, communicate vision, be an active listener and motivate people at every level.
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects and virtual teams and partners
- Strategic thinking aptitude, with the ability to align strategy and tactics with an overall brand vision.
- Customer-first mindset
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Able to travel 20-30%
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.