At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
The Product Analytics team’s mission is to inform intelligent product development through experimentation, analysis and visualization. We are ultimately accountable to our users whose quality of experience we observe and measure holistically and with rigor.
As a member of this team, you will:
- Work closely with Data Science to design informative user metrics and models.
- Scrum with product development teams to inform day-to-day decision making with data and insights.
- Write complex SQL queries for both ad-hoc analyses and scheduled ETL.
- Design and build reporting schemas for product groups.
- Present metrics and analyses to leadership in meetings and through automated dashboards.
- Support experiment design, execution and analysis.
- Provide insight and intuition into experiment impact and outcomes.
- Over 4 years of industry experience using data science on web scale data.
- Proficient in at least one distributed SQL framework (Hive, BigQuery, Spark, Snowflake, etc.).
- Familiar with software engineering principles (code review, testing and monitoring).
- Ability to communicate results, outcomes and decisions effectively to a wide and varying audience.
- Competency in automated data visualization (Tableau, Looker, Google Data Studio, etc)
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.