At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
To accelerate our high performance culture and deliver on our business priorities, we are committed to:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit’s Design Operations team is looking for an experienced UX Program Manager / Design Operations Manager to keep our UX design team organized, focused and efficient - enabling our designers to create amazing Fitbit product experiences across our device, mobile and web platforms. You will be responsible for partnering with leadership to run important initiatives that cross-cut organizations, supporting teams in both roadmap and advanced projects through process improvements, project planning, resourcing, schedule management, risk mitigation and stakeholder communications.
This is a job that gives you the chance to grow your career as part of a newly formed design operations team and make a big impact on one of the most customer facing teams at Fitbit. For us, the ideal candidate is a collaborative person who can implement operational best practices for our product and design process across a diverse range of projects and platforms.
We love what we do and want someone who’s as passionate, motivated and pumped on helping people transform their lives as we are.
What you'll work on:
- Create and maintain an operational foundation for teams to thrive within a fast growing organization.
- Be a hub of communication between project teams and across other functions - managing expectations, stakeholder communications, and delivery status.
- Support a diverse set of talented designers to launch amazing product experiences.
- Define processes, standards, and best practices - with the goal of improving cross-functional collaboration, workflows, and communications.
- Bring innovative ideas to our new and growing Design Operations team
- Manage project schedules focusing on regular and timely delivery; organize and lead project status and working meetings and manage and communicate risks.
- Manage expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications
- Coordinate and communicate cross functionally with engineering, product management, and program management, as well as executive leadership.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional operations or project management experience, specifically aligned with user experience / product teams
- Proven success implementing best practices for design and product teams from early concept through product launch
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Experience coordinating multiple teams and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with components, features and functions of consumer devices, such as wearables, IoT devices or other hardware products is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.