At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager to define and drive specific product lines within the consumer engagement vertical. This PM will lead a multi-year roadmap in collaboration with consumer paid services, consumer health and devices teams to raise the quality bar of our unique mobile-device user experience. This is a hands-on technical PM role, which works closely with Engineering, Product, Data Science, Design, and Customer Success. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the product direction, managing execution of the product development cycles, and ensuring the success of the products and services in a global market. The candidate will provide leadership, in-depth data and technical expertise, exemplary teamwork and proven business skills to lead in the product concept development, headroom analysis, engineering development, product experimentation and evaluation of our software ecosystem to meet and exceed client business objectives.
What you’ll do
- Be the product leader for the interactive experiences spanning Fitbit’s consumer app and web products focused on mobile platform solutions that drive higher app engagement outcomes.
- Evangelize the product roadmap and strategic priorities to senior executives, product marketing, engineering, design, sales, and analysts.
- Be an expert in mobile platform development frameworks (iOS and Android), and an SQL query master to extract business insights and opportunities and translate them into a strategy, a product roadmap, and detailed requirements.
- Stakeholder management skills to work successfully with engineering and design to ensure that a functionality is delivered on time and with best quality in the market.
- Work with DS to set up multivariate experiments, gather results and identify learnings, opportunities and next steps.
- Set up successful processes to operationalize product development and product rollouts
- Manage product-related field and customer feedback and ensure user engagement and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll need
- 3-5+ years of product development experience as a mobile engineer, product analyst, data scientist with a passion for developing a product management career
- Engineering degree or equivalent that translates into a strong understanding of iOS and Android app development frameworks and/or a data science degree or equivalent with expertise managing and navigating large data sets through SQL queries
- Willingness to wear many hats as a product manager facilitating best in class software development and product analytics
- Ambition when it comes to solve tough problems and find innovative and scalable solutions
- Execution excellence, you roll with the punches
- Experimental mindset to drive continuous app improvements
- Business Acumen through proven business successes
- Stakeholder management and strong communication skills are a big plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.