At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Failure Analysis Engineer will be a core member of the Quality team. In this visible and critical role you will work closely with Design, Engineering, NPD and Executive Leadership to bring your knowledge to high quality products.
What You Will Do:
- Identify root-cause of failing devices (from the field or during development) across several disciplines including manufacturing/electrical/mechanical/material issues
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams (Manufacturing/Product Engineering/Operations/Quality) to understand root cause and drive corrective actions
- Write clear and complete failure analysis reports with actionable messages digestible to multiple audiences, Transfer data to information, and information to a decision.
- Work with CMs to develop and standardize failure analysis procedures for new and existing products
- Improve time to root cause and time to corrective actions. Improve FA effectiveness.
- 3+ years of failure analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, material science or physics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with US and China teams.
- Project management
- Strategic thinking
- Experience with consumer products (smartwatch/smartphone, etc.)
- Experience with FA tools such as SEM, EDS, CT, cross section, red dye, X-Ray, CSAM, thermal camera
- Influencing others: leading teams to improve time to root cause and corrective actions
- Self-starter and creative problem-solver
- Experience with ODM, JDM, or CM models of failure analysis.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience with Design of Experiment and Statistical Data Analysis
- Experience with failure analysis methodologies, such as FMEA, Fishbone, 5 whys, etc.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.