At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
To accelerate our high performance culture and deliver on our business priorities, we are committed to:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the Fitbit Health Coach Role
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. Fitbit’s Health Solutions Team is seeking a Certified Health Coach to deliver health and wellness coaching to our clients’ participants. Our clients include employers, health plans, and health systems.This position reports to the Health Coach Manager and is remote, although we will consider candidates who seek to work out of our Boston or San Francisco offices.
We are reviewing full-time and part-time candidates; must be able to work a minimum of 4 hours per day per week.
A Fitbit Health Coach is passionate about the power of health coaching to transform participants’ lives. You will work directly with Fitbit participants to help them manage and improve conditions like diabetes and hypertension, as well as more general wellness goals around stress, sleep, and feeling your best. As a Fitbit Health Coach, you’ll have the opportunity to provide feedback on and design the human health coaching service and digital coaching platform.
- Come to work every day with a positive attitude, such that participants are delighted and look forward to engaging with you.
- Clearly and enthusiastically communicate the benefits and “what’s in it for me?” of participating in Fitbit Health Coaching to participants.
- Provide on-going communication with participants that builds rapport and trust through reflection and empathy.
- Provide education, coaching curriculum, and coaching to help participants identify their motivations, craft wellness visions, and build care plans made of bite-sized behavior changes that will help them achieve their long-term goals.
- Leverage the Fitbit coaching platform to proactively communicate with participants, efficiently monitor incoming health data, track progress to behavior change goals, and provide insights to participants.
- Manage a variable panel of multiple active participant cases at one time, with primarily digital interactions and telephonic interactions.
- In addition to providing health coaching, contribute to and create content as needed, including but not limited to trainings, methodologies, marketing content, blog articles, and webinars.
- Provide feedback and ask questions related to the health coaching service and digital health coaching platform to help us make improvements to the participant and coach experiences.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Operations, Customer Support, Account Management, and Product Teams to communicate new coaching best practices.
- Future travel may be required for training purposes, to meet with clients and participants onsite during health fairs, screening events, etc. However, Fitbit is following company, state and county guidelines regarding travel.
- Certificate from a professional health coaching program. Certification from a program accredited by the NBC-HWC is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in health related field with minimum one year of health coaching or behavioral coaching experience. Additional certificates or licensure such as RD, CHES, MSW, Exercise Physiologist, Nurse Case Manager, etc.
- Experience delivering digital health coaching is preferred; applicants must possess a willingness and interest to learn digital coaching techniques.
- Knowledge in lifestyle and disease management including but not limited to chronic condition management, such as diabetes, hypertension, weight management, nutrition, exercise, sleep, etc. Certified Diabetes Educator is a plus.
- Must be confident in using and explaining technology, ie, use of apps and devices to supplement coaching.
- Organized, detail oriented team player with an ability to multitask, critically think and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent and enthusiastic person with a desire to motivate and encourage others towards better health.
- Communicate confidently when working through ambivalence and resistance with participants.
- Passion for health and fitness industry, and stays up to date with current trends and patterns.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Including customer service skills to calmly and professionally resolve participants' concerns with coaching and/or technology.
- Proactively engages with participants using electronic messaging and telephonic coaching skills.
- Seeks feedback and has a desire to continuously learn and grow.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.