At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief Description of the Job
The Quality Engineering team is responsible for assisting in establishing, implementing and maintaining systems and/or services to measure and improve product quality, cost, and customer service while ensuring full compliance to FDA and applicable ISO requirements. The Quality Program manager shall be able to utilize project management skills to manage and complete deliverables. They will also assist in establishing and monitoring systems related to Inspection, Testing, Training, Supplier Qualification, New Product Introduction, Manufacturing, Complaints, and Corrective/Preventative Action.
What You’ll Work On
- Develop and implement product design and development plans
- Develop and implement Quality controls inside of product design
- Prepare deliverables and schedule for all individual projects
- Prepare Quality metrics, deliverables, and schedules for all projects
- Communicate requirements, deliverables and timeline to all stakeholders and senior leadership on a regular basis
- Participate in the Core team meetings as the representative for Quality
- Participate in the Core team meetings as a Champion of Quality
- Identify and evaluate resources for all programs
- Prepare and maintain program budget
- Manage and communicate risks for all programs (to executive leadership)
- Organize and chair Quality core team meetings and program review
- Identify processes and procedures for improvement
- Manage timelines for deliverables, estimation and prioritization
Who You Are
- Bachelor degree in Engineering with Quality Experience
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in program management
- Clear understanding of software and hardware development. Is able to lead technical quality discussions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and drive results and accountability from local and remote teams across the globe.
- Proven leadership skills and experience working cross-functionally and presenting to senior leadership.
- Drives alignment and understanding among functions across project teams.
- History of taking multiple products from development to market.
- Versed in Program Management best practices: role and responsibility definition, work breakdown structures, project tracking, etc.
- Creative self-starter with an ability to devise solutions and drive consensus for complex problems.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high pressure and fluid work environment.
- Willing to develop mentor and support others; facilitate team cohesion and identity.
- Experience working on medical devices and consumer products a plus.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 30%
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.