At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What you will be responsible for:
As Program Manager for the Wearable Safety Team, you will be responsible for streamlining several internal and external materials & products qualification tests.
In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on wearable safety, coordinating meetings, testing updates, intern al and external project progress reports, and other efforts as needed .
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall program objectives.
- Creating project plans for an efficient monitoring of internal and external materials & product testing.
- Create and maintain project schedules and meeting notes.
- Facilitate communications within cross-functional teams including research, engineering, and operations.
- Effective communication between program teams and external suppliers.
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management.
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making.
- Prioritize & re-prioritize testing sample queue to meet the dynamic product development environment.
- At least 2 years of combined experience in project or program management.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (e.g., Gantt chart, MS project)
- Generally knowledgeable about various analytical chemistry techniques (GC, LC, MS, etc.)
- Experience interfacing with different functional groups - Operations, Engineering/Design and Marketing teams.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, and/or Materials
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.