At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
What you’ll work on:
We’re looking for a Product Manager excited about defining and shipping mobile software products that impact the health and well-being of millions of users around the world. In this position, you will play an integral role in setting product strategy and defining features for one or more core Fitbit mobile software products. You will work closely with Engineering, Design, Marketing and executive leadership to bring your product vision to life. Come join us on our journey to define the future of Fitbit and make the world a healthier place!
Scope and Responsibilities
- Overall product responsibility for mobile experiences for Fitbit devices, such as device setup and troubleshooting
- Understand the communication technology between wearables and mobile devices (for example Bluetooth).
- Defined product requirements and work with design to craft amazing user experiences.
- Work closely with engineering teams across multiple locations and time zones to launch high quality mobile releases
- Own the mobile experience for managing on-device apps
Core device PM requirements
- Insight into industry and technology trends
- Uses competitive analysis, market research and user needs to synthesize a product strategy and roadmap across multiple years
- Passion for and track record delivering excellent user experiences
- Relies on metrics and concrete results to define success
- Ruthlessly prioritizes work to ensure timely delivery of products
- Natural collaborator with engineering and design to drive product definition and priorities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Additional requirements (must have)
- Product management experience on Android or iOS apps.
- Understand how mobile apps are built, tested and released
- 10+ years of experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Fluent English language skills
Ideal requirements (nice to have)
- Having worked with distributed teams and remote sites
- Public spokesperson experience
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.