At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit?
What you'll do:
We are looking for an experienced Product Development Project Manager to drive engineering aspects of the product design and lead launch activities with our manufacturing partners. You will work closely within a cross-functional team to deliver compelling new products, covering product quality, manufacturability, time to market, achieve cost goals, and lead supplier activities. You will drive decision making amidst ambiguity and competing priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the company. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on the products we develop and have ownership of our most challenging engineering problems.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to drive development activities.
- Lead cross-functional project teams throughout the product development cycle, focus on supplier and build management, helping the teams drive progress on prototyping, product testing, validation, and component / system level qualification.
- Plan, schedule, prioritize and drive development activities of products within scope of cost, schedule, and user experience.
- Take ownership in risk management, work with project team and suppliers to identify risk areas and create backup plans to address them.
- Ensure robust product quality via functional reviews, qualification, controls, and identify process gaps.
- Facilitate effective communication with internal teams and external suppliers to ensure clear understanding of project objectives, and effectively drive project execution.
- Provide project status visibility to Program Manager and Management Team by publishing regular updates.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent, Mechanical Engineering background is preferred.
- 5+ years Project Management experience in high tech, high volume environment, focused on NPI and supplier management.
- Proven track record in successful Project Management and implementation skills.
- Good knowledge of product development, project planning process, and risk management in high volume consumer electronic products.
- Strong team leader.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, especially cross culture and across remote sites.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proven team player and collaborator.
- Highly motivated to teach, learn, and contribute.
- Good command of English & Chinese (Mandarin) is a must.
- PMP Certified is a plus.
- Available to travel (US, China, up to 25%).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.