At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the team:
The Ecosystem Testing Team is our new team responsible for delivering high quality experiences for our customers by implementing an end-to-end testing approach for the Fitbit devices: testing process, automation framework, monitoring and reporting framework(s).
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized Lead SW Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is eager to take on the challenge of leading this team. If you are interested in this role and want to know more, keep reading.
- Drive the effort for identifying the current test landscape and coverage at the department level
- Work on defining and end-to-end automation solution that spans across device, mobile, site components
- Work together with other Test engineers on ensuring the end-to-end testing across FW, mobile and backend for new products and existing in market products
- Design and implement various test strategies for new and existing features with focus on growing the automation coverage
- Work in an Agile test environment and be willing to adapt to multiple project requirements
- Promote an overall culture of quality
- Mentor other engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
- Contribute to the onboarding process for new team members
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about technology and software development
- Great leadership, communication and collaboration skills
- 5+ years of total experience in Quality Assurance with solid knowledge of testing methodologies, with a focus on Automation testing.
- 2+ years of experience for leading releases, testing teams and projects
- Previous experience testing firmware/embedded software
- Solid knowledge of test management, reporting and bug tracking tools (JIRA XRay or similar)
- Automation skills in one of the following: Python, Java, Kotlin/Swift, or other OOP language
- Knowledge of continuous integration and code repo/review tools (Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket or similar)
- Willingness for working with international teams
- Experience leading and mentoring software test engineers from a technical perspective
- Work experience in an Agile development environment
- Very good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short release cycles
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.