At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for a Manager, Content QA to join our growing Web team. This role will be responsible for managing the Content QA team and supporting quality assurance across the global Fitbit.com website. You’ll oversee test strategy, planning and execution; as well as contributing personally. The ideal candidate has owned quality for a complex component or feature. You’re experienced in a wide range of testing techniques, structured and exploratory; functional and data-driven; manual and automated. You’re talented at finding bugs quickly and efficiently, and good at mentoring those who are developing this skill. You’re also great at the discipline of regression testing, paying close attention to detail, making sure we neither miss something important nor waste time in low risk areas.
- Manage Content QA Analysts, including hiring, coaching, development and performance management
- Define creative and effective test strategies for website projects
- Prioritize and organize test cases for an optimized execution, report results, and adjust as needed
- Review and contribute to the creation and execution of test plans and cases
- Work with agile content and engineering teams to promote an overall culture of quality the website
- Prioritize work based on business priorities and quality goals
- Work with other Quality Engineering teams to ensure we have the right tools and automation support to execute
- Keep releases on schedule by identifying risks and escalating potential issues that need to be addressed with appropriate stakeholders
- At least 5 years quality engineering, quality assurance or software testing experience with increasing responsibility
- 2+ years experience leading or managing a team
- Ability to quickly understand and interpret design and technical specifications and provide QA time estimates
- Knowledge of the Web presentation layer, and business and data access layers and their interactions
- Strong experience in website and mobile testing
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with a Content Management System, preferably Adobe Experience Manage (AEM), Adobe Target is a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.