At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
Assume responsibility of Data architecture and Governance as part of the Business Data Strategy for the Business Applications team, and establish a Single Source of the Truth. Foster a data service oriented culture to enable enterprise wide data driven decisions. In this role, you will contribute to the development of the Data strategy and roadmap, and ensure business data consumed across the company is always accurate, secure and available. You will work with the Business Applications team and partners across finance, sales operations, Business operations and Engineering to prioritize needs, partner to define and execute the governance process and plans. This is an individual contributor role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Leadership and their teams in IT, business development, product development and sales to understand data needs and usage.
- Lead data unification and standardization initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate innovative enterprise data service frameworks and solutions.
- Serve as a thought leader responsible for educating the Fitbit team on innovative data architecture approaches and applications.
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining Single Source of the Truth for Busines data definition and consumption.
- Be the go to person for topics related to Data Governance and Architecture and appropriate design for needs of the consumer.
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP BI and Snowflake platforms – Big Query a plus.
- Lead by example, engaging hands-on in complex data challenges and Information Management needs.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to frame, structure and prioritize business data needs.
- Ensure enterprise wide data accuracy, consistency and security.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A proactive self-starter who can collaborate among a variety of departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strategic mindset, with client focus, strong interpersonal skills and a passion for building new data services, offerings and solutions.
- Proven track record of data governance and architecture to enable data services.
- Excellent information management skills (architecture, design, development and support).
- Technical skill set of SAP BI and Snowflake
- Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management skills is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts and “storytelling”.
- Attention to detail with self-discipline, strong ownership and accountability and drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and have influence across organizational boundaries
- Currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa or sponsorship now or in the future
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years’ of experience in Data Architecture, Governance, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Reporting, enterprise solution and data pipelines.
- Experience with large data sets and databases and expertise defining, designing, integrating and analyzing data to draw meaningful conclusions and strategic implications.
- Strong experience on at least 2-3 different technology stacks in each of the ETL, DW, Reporting & Big Data space.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.