At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Scope and Responsibilities
- Product leadership for one or more of Fitbit’s device products
- Work closely with JDM partner to develop and design solutions
- Own the entire product lifecycle from concept thru business analysis thru execution thru launch
- Partner with product management peers, operations, marketing and sales organizations around the world to take products to market
Core device PM requirements
- Insight into industry and technology trends
- Uses competitive analysis, market research and user needs to synthesize a product strategy and roadmap across multiple years
- Passion for and track record delivering excellent user experiences
- Relies on metrics and concrete results to define success
- Ruthlessly prioritizes work to ensure timely delivery of products
- Natural collaborator with engineering and design to drive product definition and priorities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Additional requirements (must have)
- Experience working with JDM and ODM development models
- Shipped consumer devices that include hardware, on-device software, mobile app and cloud backend
- 7+ years experience in a fast paced dynamic environment
Ideal background (nice to have)
- Passion for and experience shipping consumer wearables technology (design, sensors, processors, power management, etc)
- Experience partnering with industrial design and mechanical engineering
- Fluent Chinese speaker
- Public spokesperson experience
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.