At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the role:
We are a passionate team building out the tools to help our developers, customer support agents and end users diagnose and solve problems they experience with Fitbit product portfolio. We work very closely with Fitbit Device and Application Software teams. We extract diagnostics data, make sense of it and present to our users in an easy to understand and actionable format.
We’re looking for a talented Android Engineer focused on shipping the best quality consumer application. We strive to continually improve our code and our process, ensuring that we can deliver the best feature set to end users in the minimal amount of time. We believe that we can change lives with the work we do.
As an Android Engineer you enjoy analyzing problems and architecting solutions, and believe that every interaction the customer has should be compelling and first rate. You write clear and concise code. Together with your team you will deliver a highly performant experience for our millions of users around the globe, improve our internal tools with the goal of delivering quality software faster, and work with teams across the company to help support the award winning products Fitbit produce.
Check out our current mobile apps for Android and iOS at:
What You’ll Work On
- Engineering delivery of in app diagnostics and self service support features for Fitbit wearable devices using Kotlin, Java and Android
- Take ownership of Fitbit Android app component designs, implementation, deployment, and performance monitoring
- Participate in all aspects of product development from feature definition and estimation, to architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Expand our existing set of automated tests and work with test and performance engineers to deliver high product quality at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Understanding of algorithm and data structure fundamentals
- Proficiency with Kotlin and Java
- Experience using a modern version control system
- Familiar with software quality processes and automated testing methodologies
- Able to professionally communicate with other team members
- Experience in one of more of our core technology areas:
- Android UI / Graphics / Animation / OpenGL ES
- SQL / REST-like network APIs
- A good sense for visual and interaction design
- Experience with low power communication technologies such as Bluetooth Low Energy
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.