At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
To accelerate our high performance culture and deliver on our business priorities, we are committed to:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
You will lead and grow a team of engineers based in Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Taipei. Based in the Taipei Design Center, you will drive strategic initiatives around growth and self-sufficiency to enable products to be fully developed and led by the Taipei engineering team. Your team will work in close collaboration with our engineering and operations teams in Asia, San Francisco and San Diego. You will empower them to design and develop the mechanical components of Fitbit products to ensure quality, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are met. In this technical leadership position, you will have the opportunity to shape product definition and technology direction and you will work across the organization to solve cross-functional problems and deliver high quality products. Your team will be responsible for executing ME product development throughout the entire product life cycle, and you are responsible for ensuring that they are set up for success.
- Directly manage engineering managers based in China and Taiwan.
- Grow the team in order to meet the needs of our expanding product line.
- Lead and evolve our joint-development engineering model with our manufacturing partners.
- Develop key relationships with our manufacturing partners as well as leaders within Fitbit.
- Improve the team’s product development skills and ability from problem solving and concepting through to execution and support.
- Ensure the success and development of the team by defining clear expectations, providing timely and specific feedback, and holding others accountable.
- Work with other Fitbit leaders to identify and prevent resource constraints before they happen.
- Communicate Asia engineering team updates to the leadership team in the US.
- Identify and coordinate training and professional development for your team.
- Set the team’s strategic direction and inspire them to perform
- Improve and maintain our relationships with ODM/JDM/EMS partners in region.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Fitbit development processes in Taiwan and China
Who you are:
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience at a senior manager / director level
- 5+ years of experience working in close collaboration with a US or European based company.
- 10+ years of experience designing high volume consumer oriented products leveraging Asia based suppliers and ODM / CM / JDM partners.
- Proven ability to identify and grow talent that enables the building of high performance teams
- An analytical approach with proven experience in interpreting and presenting data to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people.
- A strategic thinker and leader who can create and drive strategic initiatives for the Asia team while concurrently owning the big picture of overall team performance and future direction.
- Highly motivated to teach, learn, and contribute.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.