At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Fitbit Antenna Design Center in San Diego is responsible for simulation, concepting, prototyping, and implementation of antennas in Fitbit watches and trackers. We work closely with the Product team to define performance targets for use cases, and work with the Industrial Design team to integrate our antennas into beautiful product designs. We have been at the forefront of developing and standardizing OTA test methods with CTIA that are used to provide world-class measurement capability in our antenna lab.
What you will do:
- Design, simulate, test and document the best solutions for antennas in high-volume manufactured wireless devices to meet suitable antenna requirements including: TRP, TIS, radiation pattern, return loss, and antenna efficiency in actual usage conditions.
- Perform trade-off studies between antenna performance, RF performance, mechanical constraints, industrial design intent, size, quality, cost and time constraints.
- Lead the antenna design for a new product, working closely in an interdisciplinary team
- Use antenna simulation to replace early stage prototyping
- Define the antenna architecture and execute the antenna product development through the entire product life cycle
- Concept novel antenna solutions
- Define antenna test criteria and draft test plans for internal or remote teams
- Travel to Asia for builds and tactical problem solving (20%)
- Mentor and develop other antenna design engineers
- Contribute to the development of the antenna design process
What you have:
- Comfortable with managing outsourced design and manufacturing teams as well as full local design responsibility
- Deep knowledge of antenna design of portable wireless devices, including Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, NFC, cellular protocols and other wireless protocols
- Deep knowledge using antenna simulation tools, preferably with CST Microwave Studio.
- Deep knowledge in prototyping antennas in portable wireless devices.
- Deep knowledge of 2.5D and 3D antenna manufacturing technologies, such as stamped sheet metal, FPC and LDS.
- Track record in portable wireless devices
Who you are:
- Minimum M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field and 6 years of experience in antenna design or equivalent degree/experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading antenna projects
- Self-directed, creative
- Can articulate and defend engineering decisions
- Expect excellence
- Comfortable with uncertainty in early stages of the product lifecycle
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the basis of our culture and how we show up to work every day. We’re looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.